Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fan Probs

The fan in my laptop broke a couple days ago.  Unless I hook it up to a giant portable fan it can only last a few minutes before overheating and turning off.  At least I'm not getting the "Fan: Error" message anymore.  


I tried to switch my fan out with my brother's laptop fan.  They weren't compatible.  This was probably good because out of my desperation I hadn't informed him I was taking his fan...

My only option from reading through forums is to send it into the manufaturer.  Quite unfortunate...

It's amazing how much of a crimp it puts in your day when one simply thing goes wrong.

2 comments:

TL said...

Mike had fan problems too, and he fixed it. Actually I did too at one point. Perhaps Black Friday could hook you up.

mike cain said...

Agreed. I'm actually going for a 380 dollar computer on Black Friday. We're staying up all night to get the thing. And I'm going to try and P-card some of it. It's going to be awesome.