Friday, December 12, 2008

Thankfulness

The last newsletter I sent out listed three thing I was thankful God is doing in the ministry here.  If I had more room I would've listed this as well:


4. The freshmen class.  From the outside this isn't a class "the world" would be excited about.  There are only about 5 freshman guys and a handful of girls.  We had more upper classmen recruit for freshman studies (the primary way we attract freshman to the Navigators) at the beginning of this year, and the smallest turn out of students since I came here 4 1/2 years ago.  But I believe God has blessed us with one of the greatest classes yet!  One distinguishing characteristic of this class is their desire to be around the lost-something we've been praying for years.  One freshman brought three unbelieving floormates to his freshman Bible study.  Another brought three different friends to another event.  Another student is excited for a non-believers Bible Study to begin on his dorm floor.  

Please continue to pray that the UofA Navigators would continue growing in our desire to simply tell other "Come and see" who Jesus is.  

0 comments: