Saturday, September 5, 2009

There’s a snake in my boot!

Two days ago while walking at night in flip flops down a dark paved road with Ariel’s parents I felt a surge of pain in my foot. I shake it off, pull out my cell phone and see two small blood marks on the top of my small toe, and feel my foot start to cramp and bruise.

After an ambulance ride to the ER, two IVs (one fell out over a bridge), four bottles of CroFab anti-venom, two nights in the ICU and way more opportunities to pee in a bottle than I care to remember, I was released!

Now at home my foot’s still swelled and it hurts to walk on it, but at least I can get around. Ariel's family was in town and kept me company most of the time I was in the hospital, and Ariel spent the night both nights, which I'm increadibly greatful for.

100_0406

My fat swelled foot. The lines are how much it swelled at different times.

1 comments:

spartacus21 said...

Well, I'm glad you're doing better now!