Friday, April 18, 2008

Joshua


I was reading Joshua 11 the other day and came accross this verse:

"As the LORD commanded his servant Moses, so Moses commanded Joshua, and Joshua did it; he left nothing undone of all that the LORD commanded Moses. "

It made me think whether there was anything God still wants me to do out of obedience these last few weeks besides survive and have fun.
The last verse in that chapter says "Then the land had rest from war." Later in Hebrews chapter 4 it says:

"Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts." 8For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. 11Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.

I don't really think I understand this coorelation. I do know however that there are some things God calls us to out of obedience. And in Israel's case only after they completed everything God had for them to do did he great the reward for that obedience. And as indicated by Hebrews, how much greater is the rest that God will give us when we come home to be with Him.


Whatever my lot God hast taught me to say it is well, it is well with my soul.

0 comments: