Saturday, April 12, 2008

On Jobs

So I thought I finally came up with a good title for my blog: "On Life..." Then I realized I had only thought of that because I was reading Layne's blog, appropriately titled the same thing. So out of due respect here's the woman who inspired my almost-title:

I wonder how long until she comments on this post... :)


I had an interview with Target yesterday. After struggling with diagrams on Wikihow about "How to tie a tie" and repeatedly failing miserably, forgoing the tie, running to interview wearing a suit and no tie, and realizing during the actual interview process that I was more interested in hearing what the interviewers did after college than impressing them with my ridiculous answers to their questions, I realized maybe the job world is not for me.

Despite the overall discouraging job search, God's given me several verses he wants me to cling to with white knuckles.

- "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." Ps 42:5

- "Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace... II Tim 2:22

- "Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you." Ps. 116:7

- and my personal favorite: All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them. Heb. 11:13-16

1 comments:

Layne Julia said...

yes...i officially hate that picture. I'm sure you have lots more and you lovingly decided to pick that one :) oh well...

hope all is well with you too