Sunday, May 4, 2008

surprise

Something unexpected happened today that blessed the crap out of me. A thought that entered my mind soon after it said something along the lines of "God is rewarding the great faith you demonstrated this semester." I hate that thought. Nothing could be further from the truth. God unexpectedly blessed me, and surely not as a reward for my meager faith. I'm extremely thankful. I want more faith to believe God is good and will provide not just for the materialistic areas of my life, but all areas. I have so much I want to grow in regarding faith.

A speaker we had over spring break who, based on his stories is someone I believe has more faith than nearly anyone else I've met, concluded his talk on faith with this statement: "We didn't believe God for enough. I could have trusted God for a lot more."

I don't want to have that regret.

0 comments: