Thursday, July 9, 2009

Credit Cards

Let me describe my last hour to you


Call American Express toll free line to discuss an error about my card.
Sit through automated service.
Receptionist tells me I need to speak to a credit bural.
Call Experian.
After answering to a maze of options, I answer wrong question and the automated systems responds "good by"
Call again. Realize I need to sign up for a free credit report
Sign up for credit report online
Call again. Reweave through maze and get put on hold.
still on hold
Still there
almost.
finally
talk to very friendly and helpful receptionist
Call back american express new card application
Transfered to customer service.
Customer service has no idea what's going on and transfers me to "Jen" at some unknown office promising she can help.
Phone goes dead
Call customer service again and ask to be transfered to magical "Jen" lady. The person has no idea what I'm talking about.
Reexplain (for literally the 5th time) the situation. He says I need to talk to American express' credit bural. Unfortunately, they just closed 8 minutes ago (no joke).
Asked again to talk to "Jen." No luck.
Tried to explain situation [again] to customer service agent.
Hung up utterly defeated.

This really shouldn't be that difficult...

0 comments: