Monday, December 10, 2007

Hebrews 6:4-6

I have always been afraid of Hebrews 6:4-6. It’s the disputed passage which provokes most of the talk of whether a Christian can loose their Salvation or not. I have been tackling that passage for the past week now reading whatever I can about it. I still don’t feel like I completely understand it, but for the first time I felt extremely encouraged by it.

The verse just before this section says “And God permitting, we will do so.” I would like to think that in 40 years I be walking with God even more passionately than I am today, but by simply telling myself that I cannot escape the fear of uncertainty. Ultimately the only thing, and best thing, I can do is petition God to continue having grace on me and my friends’ lives. Faith is a gift from God, so why don’t I ask for it more? It would be utterly unrealistic to say that by trying really really hard I can continue walking with God for the rest of my life. It’s only through his grace over me now and in the future that I stand a chance in the real world.

0 comments: